Many companies today are wondering if they should be moving to the cloud. While there are many benefits, it’s important to determine whether it’s the right option for your business.
At Velocity we will conduct a comprehensive business analysis, listen to your objectives, identify your needs, weigh the costs and benefits and then determine whether moving to a cloud platform is the right decision.
If the answer is yes, then our extensive experience makes us an ideal partner to work with. We will develop your cloud strategy, implement your deployment and provide ongoing monitoring and management through Velocity Cloud ™, our comprehensive suite of cloud services.
“Moving to the cloud can benefit virtually every aspect of your business.”
Help manage IT costs
Cloud computing can help your business better manage all aspects of its IT expenditure. It can be a great alternative to investing in expensive infrastructure, not to mention hardware and software maintenance and upgrades. It can also help you to save operation costs — by outsourcing your critical line and business applications in the cloud you can reinvest your time and budget into more pressing IT tasks.
Backup and Disaster Planning and Recovery
A key benefit of moving to the cloud is the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your valuable assets are completely protected, off-site. With online backups you can safely and simply back-up your data into the cloud where it is safe, secure and accessible, 24x7x365.
Cloud computing allows your business to easily increase or decrease your IT requirements based on your current needs. When you need to adjust your services based on seasonal or project-based IT resources our packages can accommodate your changing business needs.
Access to new ways of deploying technologies
Cloud computing can help small businesses to enjoy the high tech tools that used to be reserved for enterprise organizations. It allows access to the latest technology, software, hardware and IT functionality.
Cloud computing allows your employees to be more flexible – both in and out of the workplace. Employees can access files using web-enabled devices such as smartphones, laptops and tablets. Plus, the ability to simultaneously share documents and other files over the internet also supports collaboration. Moving to the cloud also provides the opportunity to create more billable hours — by providing anytime, anywhere access to information, you can continue to conduct business on the road.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
Another great benefit for small businesses that move to the cloud is the ability to access Microsoft Office 365. Designed for professionals and small businesses with one to 25 employees, the service brings together online versions of the best business-grade communications and collaboration tools from Microsoft plus Microsoft Office Web Apps. It lets you access your e-mail, important documents, contacts, and calendars from virtually anywhere and on almost any device. Velocity is a trusted, certified Microsoft Office 365 partner.
The Velocity Cloud Services Suite
The Velocity Cloud Suite is a suite of monthly cloud services that guarantee business continuance while optimizing business processes. It includes:
Velocity Cloud Servers
This “Infrastructure-as-a-Service” offering enables you to move various software applications from your own in-house IT environment to the ‘cloud’. Velocity Cloud Servers are powered by 6fusion, which measures and bills computing resources per single unit of measure. This means you can manage your software applications from anywhere in the world, and pay only for what you use.
- All IT infrastructure costs
- All data centre costs
- All network bandwidth costs
- All Microsoft Windows Operating System licenses
- All data backup costs
- All firewall and advanced security protection
- All remote monitoring and remediation
For those companies who prefer to manage their software application from a Canadian location, Velocity Cloud Servers guarantees that:
- All data and applications reside in Canada
- The data, application, and associated IT environment is completely secure and available 24 x 7 x 365
- The customer will only be charged for the computing resources that they actually consume in a given month
Velocity Cloud Backup
A monthly cloud backup and recovery service that enables the rapid restore of all business systems in the event of a crisis, mitigating all risk of downtime and information loss.
- Backup of all data from your primary location to Velocity Cloud Backup’s secure cloud data vault where multiple built-in redundancies ensure your data is accessible 24/7.
- Restoration of your business systems to Velocity’s hosted cloud server environment and connectivity for all of your users via the internet
Velocity Cloud Security
The Velocity Cloud Security platform monitors and manages all threats 24 x 7 x 365. It combats hackers, worms, and other online menaces easily and cost-effectively.
- Web Defense protects against spyware, viruses, and phishing attacks and controls unauthorized web surfing by employees.
- Email Defense identifies, quarantines, blocks, and strips suspect email messages
- Log Manager lets you comply with regulations that mandate log data be collected, regularly reviewed, and securely archived.
Velocity Cloud Disaster Recovery Planning Centre
This monthly Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning service incorporates documented step-by-step recovery processes and procedures and an innovative online software platform. We will work with you to develop a detailed plan of who you need to notify and what you need to do in the event you experience an interruption to critical IT resources. We test the plan a minimum of once every year to ensure that you are as prepared as possible.
The service enables your business to rapidly recover from any business outage without impacting to your day-to-day operations. In the event of a serious outage where your primary location is inaccessible and you don’t have IT infrastructure available as a restore target, the Velocity Cloud Disaster Recovery Planning Centre is the perfect answer.
- A secure IT environment with a managed firewall and advanced network security protection
- A step-by-step disaster recovery plan with detailed instructions, staff training and annual testing
- Online data backups, enabling your business to restore your business systems back to your primary location or another location of your choice within a matter of hours.
- Ability to restore your systems to Velocity Cloud Disaster Recovery’s offsite secure hosted environment and access your systems in the cloud. Using any desktop computer available, any employee will be able to resume their tasks by simply connecting through the internet to the new IT environment, picking up where they left off.
Velocity MCS (Managed Cloud Services):
This is a monthly managed service that will dramatically reduce response time to business system emergencies and streamline your IT management.
- 24 x 7 x 365 remote monitoring and management cloud computing service with alerts via email or phone when critical devices or services go down or performance crosses standard thresholds.
- Web-based dashboard automates mundane tasks like running Windows updates and security scans. It also provides centralized patch management and anti-virus for all systems.
- Servers, routers, switches, and even desktops can also be remotely managed, significantly reducing your organization’s IT labour requirements.